2015 JUST BECAME 2016..

So it's a new year. Welcome 2016!!! The year of me, the time to forget hang ups, pack up regrets and move on. Brighter, better and all fresh and sparkly with the promise of good intent.

Just like last year.

But that sounds jaded. And I'm not jaded. If anything, as I listen to the sound of a Black Cockatoo stirring up a family of Ravens outside my window, I'm grateful. Grateful to be here still, grateful I can live in a place where black cockatoos, along with many other bird types, can feel safe to wheel about in the skies and sing their songs for all the world to hear. Grateful I can hear them, that I have a home. Extremely grateful that in that home are three awesome children and their father, my partner in everything, as well as two crazy pets.

There's always a way to look at things pessimistically or optimistically. I approach life as an optimist but sometimes I present as a pessimist. This is my year of checking myself and only throwing the positive stuff out there. After all, what you reap is what you sow isn't it?

This year I make three promises to myself, and I'm publishing them as a checklist for me, something to come back on - so I can check myself before I wreck myself, so to speak. Or at least my intentions..

1. I promise to write everyday - it might not all end up in public view but at least every other day I         need to put something out there.
2. I promise to meditate regularly. Every other day, although everyday is also permissible.
3. I promise to move at least every other day. Exercise of one form or another - be it swim, walk,             yoga. Something that benefits my physicality.

I've spent almost thirteen glorious years as a mother with my focus being directed at my family. Whilst it remains there, they are all independent enough now for me to be able to claim this little bit of something back for me, this will allow me to grow a little where I need to and show my kids my way of moving forward. Maybe it will inspire them one day, or teach them what not to do. I dunno but I'm happy to learn and grow in front of them.

One thing I learned in 2015 was that the world we live in, the society we live in, is changed. Employment isn't the same,  there is more scope to be independent. As a parent attempting to reenter the workforce it's been the pits looking for a job. Absolute pits. But I'm glad because it's pushed forward that little voice that keeps telling me to follow my own path. That voice has muttered away at me for over 20 years and different things have popped up and made excuses easy. But now it's time to listen and see what happens. It's scary but exciting to be living in this time of change and it's the perfect time to take control of one's own path, put one foot in forward of another and see where it takes me.

So bring it on 2016, maybe it's not all gonna be easy but I'm ready for what you got. Ready to embrace change.



Comments